Tuesday, January 18, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: L.A. City MISSES Zuma Dogg's SETTLEMENT DEADLINE...ZUMA DOGG, Now L.A. CIty Hall/LAPD Gadfly FOR LIFE (Will NOT Retire from City Activism EVEN ONCE CHECK IS CUT...TOO LATE!!!)

Zuma Dogg has always told the city (un-officially) that I walked into City Hall over Venice Beach and when the matter is settled, I'll walk off into the Malibu sunset and move to Agoura Hills. (Malibu is on the way to Agoura, if you take PCH.)

IN OTHER WORDS...with a settlement check, I would, hopefully, pick up the pieces of my life over the past five years and carry-on with my PRE-Venice Beach Ordinance/City Hall activist life. (DJ gigs, producing videos, and the ability to perhaps launch some projects with the settlement money....NOT WAKE UP AND DRIVE DOWNTOWN TO THE CITY COUNCIL MEETING and torture myself listening to Janice Hahn honk her honker.)

Now, city hall has NEVER asked that of ZD...AND, any time I have mentioned that to them (in hopes of exciting them about getting to a settlement, sooner than later) -- they have been quick to fire back a response of, "We would never ask you to stop going to city hall or ask you to stop expressing your 1st Amendment rights."

I'd reply, "I'm not wearing a wire or recording this call...you don't have to say that...I'm just saying, 'I would HOPE I would carry on with my life and not continue being a gadfly', once my Venice issue was settled." (I did my time...time to move on.)

BUT...that deadline has passed.

I don't like the pace that this whole settlement process is moving at.

SO TIME IS UP...NO MATTER HOW MUCH THE CHECK IS FOR...AND NO MATTER WHEN IT IS CUT:


ZUMA DOGG WILL NOT BE RETIRING FOR ACTIVISM...instead...it will be the "other" option: A PISSED OFF ZUMA DOGG WITH MONEY TO SPEND FIGHTING CITY HALL!

Welp, looks like were gonna be FAMILY! ZD IS HERE TO STAY. And any settlement money at this point will be used to allow me to continue as a city activist (City Council/LAPD), except with food and gas and energy and money to print up fliers, newspapers and take out ads.

IT'S JUST THE WAY YOU WANTED IT TO WORK OUT. SORRY YOU MISSED THE DEADLINE.

ZUMA DOGG...THE NEXT ERA! (Instead of "The Nightmare is Over!")